You can currently get a great deal on the iPhone 5S when you sign up to a 4G data plan with O2. The 4G network provider has reduced the upfront cost of the handset by up to £90 depending on the data plan you choose.
The iPhone 5S is available on O2’s Refresh tariff on a number of different plans. Where customers choose to pay an upfront payment for the phone, and then a monthly fee of £20 on top of their airtime, the upfront cost of the iPhone 5S used to be £129.99. O2 has currently reduced that to £39.99, a saving of £90.
24 month 4G price plans including an iPhone 5S, with an upfront cost of £39.99 are as follows:
- 1GB data – £37 per month including £20 for phone plan and unlimited texts and minutes
- 5GB data – £42 per month including £20 for phone plan and unlimited texts and minutes
- 8GB data – £47 per month including £20 for phone plan and unlimited texts and minutes
O2 also offers customers the possibility to have the iPhone 5S without an upfront payment on each of these data options, but they will then incur a phone plan cost of £25 each month rather than £20. If you’d rather not pay monthly for your handset then the iPhone 5S from O2 will cost you £669.99 upfront.
Features of the iPhone 5S
We recently wrote about the iPhone 5S in our post on the top ten 4G smartphones. Apple’s flagship handset has a number of features that make it stand out from the crowd.
- Touch ID Sensor is built into the home button and can be used to unlock your handset using fingerprint scanning. It can also be used to verify purchases from iTunes or the Apple App Store.
- A7 Chip makes the iPhone 5S the first 64‑bit smartphone in the world and provides performance that is twice as fast as previously possible.
- 8MP iSight Camera is an updated version of previous iPhone cameras and now offers burst mode, a larger aperture, larger pixels, True Tone flash, and slow motion effects when filming HD video.
- iOS 7 is the new operating system designed specifically for the 64 bit architecture of the iPhone 5S. It includes features such as smarter multitasking, AirDrop and Control Centre.
- iCloud allows you to store, share, and access all your content including photos, videos, music, contacts, calendars, and documents from any device.
Weighing just 112 grams, the iPhone 5S reportedly has up to 10 hours talk time. It features a four inch retina display with 326ppi to give an incredibly clear picture. Of course most importantly it is 4G ready and will work on a variety of bandwidths.
It’s not clear how long O2 is running this offer, but if you’re looking to take out a 24 month 4G contract and you’d like an iPhone 5S it’s certainly worth checking out. However, you might want to check the progress of the O2 4G rollout in your area before you commit to a contract.