For the next month Vodafone is offering its cheapest ever Red 4G sim-only plan, giving customers the opportunity to experience everything that 4G has to offer for just £16 per month. The offer is available until 30th June and includes unlimited UK minutes, unlimited UK texts, and 1GB of 4G data for one year at a cost of £16 per month; a package usually priced at £21.
The special offer is the lowest priced 4G sim-only plan that Vodafone has, but there are various other options to choose from which include more data and Sky Sports Mobile TV or Spotify Premium. Current 4G sim-only 12 month plans from Vodafone include:
- £26 per month – 3GB data, unlimited calls and texts, and six months Sky Sports Mobile TV or Spotify Premium
- £31 per month – 5GB data, unlimited calls and texts, and twelve months Sky Sports Mobile TV or Spotify Premium
- £41 per month – 9GB data, unlimited calls and texts, and twelve months Sky Sports Mobile TV or Spotify Premium
Has EE Reduced Data Allowance on Sim-Only Plans?
EE has also reduced the cost of its 4G sim-only plans, but also appears to have limited the amount of data available to sim-only customers. When we last compared the cost of 4G sim-only deals in January EE was offering plans up to 20GB, but now the largest data plan available on the EE website is 4GB, so has EE withdrawn its ‘super user’ plans? Current 4G sim-only 12 month plans from EE include:
- £19.99 per month – 1GB data, 1,000 minutes, and unlimited texts
- £22.99 per month – 2GB data, 2,000 minutes, and unlimited texts
- £25.99 per month – 4GB data, unlimited minutes, and unlimited texts
Three Offers All-You-Can-Eat Data on The One Plan
The One Plan from Three has been as well-known sim-only plan for several years, and combined with Three’s promise not to charge any extra for 4G, it is now an exceptionally good deal if you live in an area with 4G from Three.
On The One Plan you pay £20 per month on a 12 month contract for 2,000 minutes, 5,000 Three to Three minutes, 5,000 text messages, and the most important part, all-you-can-eat 4G data. Three also offers a 1GB plan, including 600 minutes and 5,000 texts for £9.90 a month for those that don’t think they need unlimited data.
O2 Offers Range of 4G Sim-Only Plans
O2 shouldn’t be left out when comparing 12 month 4G sim-only price plans, and theirs have each reduced by one or two pounds a month since our last comparison. The 4G sim-only plans currently available from O2 include:
- £16 per month – 1GB data, 1000 minutes, and unlimited texts
- £19 per month – 1GB data, unlimited minutes, and unlimited texts
- £21 per month – 2GB data, unlimited minutes, and unlimited texts
- £25 per month – 5GB data, unlimited minutes, and unlimited texts
- £30 per month – 8GB data, unlimited minutes, and unlimited texts
Overall Three appears to offer plans that appeal to both heavy data users and light data users, for comparatively low prices. However, if you don’t live in an area with 4G from Three, O2 is the best bet for heavy data users with their 8GB for £30 deal. Lighter 4G users could consider O2 or Vodafone who are currently both offering 1GB plans for £16 per month.