Motorola’s 4G-LTE edition smartphone the Moto G 4G is now available in the UK and can be bought as part of a customised tariff plan from Three. The handset, which is the 4G version of the popular Moto G, is expected to rival carrier exclusive budget 4G handsets such as the Kestrel from EE.
Moto G 4G price plans from Three
The Moto G 4G smartphone is available at no upfront cost when customers sign up to a 24 month contract with Three. Customers should check whether they live in an area with 4G coverage from Three. Some of the price plans available are:
- 500 MB 4G data and 300 voice minutes for £16 per month
- 1GB 4G data and 300 voice minutes for £19 per month
- 500 MB 4G data and 600 voice minutes for £19 per month
- 1GB 4G data and 600 voice minutes for £22 per month
- 500 MB 4G data and unlimited voice minutes for £22 per month
- 2GB 4G data and 600 voice minutes for £25 per month
- 1GB 4G data and unlimited voice minutes for £25 per month
- 2GB 4G data and unlimited voice minutes for £28 per month
- Unlimited 4G data and 600 voice minutes for £29 per month
- Unlimited 4G data and unlimited voice minutes for £32 per month
The Moto G 4G smartphone is also available on pay as you go at £129.99. Calls will cost 3p per minute, texts will costs 2p each, and data will cost 1p for each MB.
According to Three “That’s an exceedingly affordable price tag and highly competitive in comparison to EE, which starts at £14.99 per month plus £99.99 upfront for 500MB of 4G data, 500 minutes and unlimited texts.”
Specification of the Moto G 4G
As well as 4G connectivity – which enables music and video streaming, online gaming, and faster download speeds – one of the big advantages of the mid-range Motorola handset is the possibility to upgrade to the latest Android 5.0 operating system (which has been confirmed for this device) for a relatively low cost. The Moto G 4G has the Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system out of the box, but is upgradeable to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat and Android 5.0
The handset has a 4.5″ sharp HD screen, with a resolution of 720×1280, which is enclosed within Gorilla Glass 3. It also has a 5MP rear camera, along with a 1.3MP front camera. Other specs include:
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 4G-LTE, HSPA, GSM, CDMA, Wi-Fi and micro USB connectivity supported
- 2070mAh Li-Ion non-removable battery with 24 hours talk time
- Dimensions 129.9 x 65.5 x 11.6mm, 143g
The Moto G is a popular handset and proves that there is a market for budget smartphones as well as high end gadgets. The 4G version of the handset will be competing with other models such as the Kestrel from EE, and the Vodafone Smart 4 turbo which costs £135 on Vodafone PAYG and is also available for £31.50 per month on Vodafone Red 4G tariff plan.