Seen as a competitor to the iPhone 6, Samsung’s new Galaxy Alpha 4G phone is now available to pre-order on various networks. It is Samsung’s first metal framed phone – hence the comparisons with the Apple devices – and its design is one of the main selling points.
After the Samsung Galaxy S5 was found to lack the build quality and style of handsets like the HTC One M8 and the Sony Xperia Z2, Samsung were determined to release a flagship smartphone that would appeal to those looking for style as well as substance. The Galaxy Alpha is Samsung’s slimmest ever phone, measuring just 6.7mm, and has a metal band that runs around the circumference with rounded corners. It is available in charcoal black, dazzling white, frosted gold, sleek silver, and scuba blue, and the back is made from dimpled polycarbonate.
Some features of the Samsung Galaxy Alpha include:
The fingerprint scanner as well as the private mode setting helps you to keep personal data on your phone far more secure. It also has NFC technology, enabling secure mobile payments. The fingerprint scanner is found underneath the iconic Samsung home key.
S Health App
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha comes with the S Health App to help you to keep track of your fitness. The phone has a heart rate monitor on the back and also tracks the number of steps you’ve taken during the day. It can set daily exercise routines and personal goals to keep you motivated.
Selfie addicts will love the front facing camera on the Samsung Galaxy Alpha. The wide view 2.1 megapixel camera is ideal for taking group selfies and you can be sure you get all your mates in the frame. The rear facing 12 megapixel camera also has super-fast auto focus at 0.3 seconds.
Tech specs of the Galaxy Alpha
- Size: 132.4 x 65.5 x 6.7 mm
- Weight: 114 g
- Battery capacity: 1860 mAh
- Internal memory: 32 GB
- Display: 4.7-inch Super AMOLED screen with 313ppi pixel density
- Processor: 2.5GHz quad-core
- Operating system: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha from EE
The Galaxy Alpha is available to pre-order from EE on a wide range of 24 month contracts. The amount you pay per month will vary depending how much you want to pay initially for the phone and how much 4G data you want included. Some example price plans include
- Initial cost of phone £19.99 with 4GB double speed 4G – £45.99 per month
- Initial cost of phone £89.99 with 4GB double speed 4G – £38.99 per month
- Initial cost of phone £149.99 with 10GB double speed 4G – £33.99 per month
- Initial cost of phone £349.99 with 2GB double speed 4G – £22.99 per month
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha from Vodaphone
The Galaxy Alpha is also available from Vodafone and a selection of 24 month 4G price plans include:
- Free handset with 1GB 4G data – £38.50 per month
- Free handset with 7GB 4G data – £48.50 per month
- Free handset with 20GB 4G data – £58.50 per month